Wings of love!

"Oh Hello! Ye kya hai, zara dekh ke chalo! Sorry bolane ki BHi tameez nahi”.. I barked at the guy who dashed by me on the road. A usual scene that plays out during the peak hours of commute. All of us have done this to someone at some point. We either abuse or speak rudely to a stranger without even giving him or her a chance to utter a word. But the 
question here is, are these tiny things worth losing our temper ? Do we all have such enormous egos that anything and everything affects us? Or are we just perpetually angry and we keep finding outlets for our pent up frustrations?
A friend of mine once asked me, “Why are all Mumbaikars so angry?” My instant reply to him/her was, “No, we are not. What makes you say that?”. His reply was sort of an eye opener for me. He said “Whenever I have traveled in public transport in Mumbai, I have always witnessed at least  one heated argument or met one angry person”. I would have loved to deny this, but I could not. Because being from Mumbai and having traveled in local transport all my life, what he said was true. And I have been on both sides, the receiving side and the giving side. And not just 
in Mumbai, these are common occurrences in most of the Metropolitan Cities.
So basically, we are super spontaneous in expressing our anger. But I wonder if we are equally so spontaneous in expressing love or admiration.  How many of us have walked up to a stranger on the streets and given them a compliment? About them being dressed well or something about their smile? How beautifully they carry themselves? 
Precious few! And they get usually get blank faces in reply or even worse, get tagged as creeps. Don’t laugh, I know you have done this. Most of the people feel awkward and they just don’t know how to react to this sudden show of love and admiration. Honestly speaking I am one of those people.
That's our basic nature, isn’t it? We are too scared of love. Not just receiving love but giving love as well.  We are scared of being misunderstood, our words being misinterpreted? But, by being scared of love we are stopping it from engulfing us in its warmth. We are stopping ourselves from feeling admired. We are nipping right in the bud, possibilities of new connections.
Why not be open to giving and receiving love? Why not light up someone’s day through the simple act of giving a compliment? 

Let's be advocates of love, not anger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

nikhil

Nostalgia:

It’s just green