The afternoon breeze.


I am resting my head on his stomach. His fingers are lost in conversation with my hair. I am lost in the conversation with this afternoon breeze. The window is open but covered with sheer curtain. Just enough light is entering the room. Just enough sun falling over me so I could play with it. The beautiful patterns it’s creating on the floor are as gorgeous as his softly lit face. I gently turn my head and look up at him. He looks so calm and peaceful just like a crystal clear lake. At that very moment he opens his eyes and I see the ripples below the surface of the lake. We smile that smile of contentment and get back to our worlds.

The curtain is moving with the beats of soft classical music. Every time the breeze is blowing the curtain higher, I get the glimpse of this Neem tree. Its leaves and me, we are on the same team. Playing with sunrays. Our game of light and shadows. 

We are all one right now. Me , him, the sun, the music and this afternoon breeze. We are all part of this beautiful romance.

Comments

Unknown said…
The words went so peacefully together, almost felt like a breeze to read.
Good one darshana :)

Popular posts from this blog

nikhil

my garden tails (tales)!!

It’s just green