Baggy pants to...Aahilya

 I haven’t been to many live performances and especially not classical one. But today I found myself sitting very early in the third row of Ravidra Bharti Natya Ghurha. It’s was a dance performance about Ahilya (one of the panchakanya in our mythology)
Now you are wondering why would be so eager and excited to watch a performance based on her life, right? Hold on we will come to that soon. So after a bit of a talk the curtains are raised and the show begins. Few young girl walk on the stage gracefully they perform on interesting piece of music and the narration in the background. But I am not happy yet, coz I still searching for her. it goes on with different girls doing there bit on the stage but she is still not there.
The lights go off on the dramatic musical beat, a small beam of light falls on a figure just highlighting a graceful, elegant so perfect silhouette. Slowly with another dramatic music lights come up, stage is all lit up and there I see her. That beautiful glowing face, those luminous eyes, that perfect captivating smile. Standing there gracefully with her aura spread on the stage in the whole auditorium.  Just like an perfectly sculpted idol.
Yes there she was the baggy pants girl from my office. I am sure my jaw must have dropped to see her this way. (And sure few others in the audience as well). She just didn’t perform, Boy!! She performed. Every ounce of her being was performing. Her eyes, body , expression they were so well tuned and perfect that  for the moment she made everybody believe that she was the real Ahilya.
When the lights went off and the curtains were down, I was the first (and loudest) one to clap. Soon we rushed back stage to tell her ‘how delighted to see her perform’. But the only thing which I could say was “Nen I am in love with you”. The way she replied “thanks for coming guys” earned a brownie point. So humble, so down to earth, so rooted. Hats off to you girl. To tell you frankly, that’s when I thought ‘Man this girl is going to go far ahead, and ahead she will go’. Good luck girl!

And one day I will wait in the queue to take your autograph for sure.

God bless you!

Comments

Unknown said…
Thabks so so so soooooooo much!!! I'm glad I can reach out to the audience. Thanks a ton Darshana!! :) :) :) Lots of love!! :* :*

Popular posts from this blog

Nostalgia:

nikhil

It’s just green