Dedicated to Kausik Mukhopadhyay


My so called last day of college, when I went to check my final year results. And that’s the day I fell for him all over again. Ya, the only love of my five years of architectural course.

My love, my friend, my idol, my mentor. May be at

the end of my life I will forget everyone I meet in my college but would never ever forget him, Kausik Mukhopadhyay.

It’s fun to recollect his first impression, someone who looks kind of artist, or some crazy looking guy who hardly falls under the so called conventional definition of a professor. He is the one who introduced us to the perspective of our course, the one who gave us the glimpse of what it is like to get into this college. The one who made us believe that we are good enough to be in there. And for sure the one who built the foundation for us so that we could built ourselves over it.

He is like the Sun, the source of love, encouragement

. Every time you meet him you would always find your share of love. His just that warm smile would be enough.

Personally he wasn’t ever just a professor for me. But the respect was still there. He knew so much about me, he always remembered what I told him and what am I up to. I wasn’t that great of a student. And I am sure he must have heard about it from our other faculties but none of that ever affected his belief in me. Whenever I meet him he would make me believe that i do have potential to go ahead. Always made me feel that I do have something in me.

That day after I saw my results I was so happy that fi

nally I could call myself as an architect. On the other hand, the fact that there wasn’t anyone in college I could share my happiness with, no one who really cared, really put me down big time.

I was in canteen when I saw Kaushik and went to give him a hug, finally someone I could share the news with. But before I could say anything he hugged me and said “ Ya I saw it , finally an architect.” It was just so amazing. I didn’t know what to say I just had this big smile on my face n some tears in my eyes. Knowing that he remembered me and

he actually cared to check my result. And that’s when I fell for him again.

Thanks a lot Kaushik. And I promise that the day isn’t far, when u will look at my work and say “that’s Darshana’s work, I always knew this girl would shine”

Thanks a lot for making me believe in myself

-Love you.

file:///C:/Users/maggi/Desktop/IMG_0638.JPG

Comments

rauf said…
none in my college Darshana but my school teachers are the ones who really cared. They used to come to my house to complain to my parents about my behaviour. i never liked my teachers coming home but the personal interest did have an impact later on.

Actually my traveling is inspired by my geography teacher. He would throw the books aside and used to tell us his travel stories. He traveled all over India. Like him i never went abroad, i don't even have a passport as there is so much to see in India that one lifetime is not enough.

Teachers like Kaushik Mukhopadhyay don't belong to this planet Darshana. They are the rare kind made of rare elements.
Nautankey said…
Have to accept with Rauf,so rare to find such ppl.I had one in my elementary school-susheela miss[addresed so,though she was a mrs.:P]she was our god,she knew everything about us,right from what we had for breakfast to what we did over weekend..and hmm my mom too is such a teacher,but i dont like her knowing so much abt other kids :P..kinda possessive
rauf said…
Hope you are doing fine Darshana
rauf said…
Happy Diwali Darshana, Enjoy yourself.

Popular posts from this blog

Nostalgia:

nikhil

It’s just green