the BMC toilet story..

Venue: Worli BMC (Architectural) office.

Time: 1:15pm

Me and my clique. Both of us sitting at deputy architects table. Waiting for him to come back n give us our file and get our work done. It’s been three odd hours that e are in this office. We have submitted drawings for one project and today was the meeting. Meeting was done with and we are waiting for the approval. it’s a lunch time and I m hell hungry m cursing the officer in my mind with all the possible bad words I know. I waited for 10 more min and told Brijesh (my clique) that I will go and get freshen up a little. When I search for ladies toilet I came to know . in an BMC architectural office, there they have gents and ladies toilet on different floors. Amazing isn’t it. Me being on the second floor and second floor having just gents toilet. What an amazing design. I had to come to 1st floor. I entre the loo n open the tap Bhuussshh…!! All the water drained on my feet cos the wash basin had no pipe at its bottom, it was all open from bellow. Isn’t that a smart design u get to wash ur feet also when u are washing ur hands. Let’s move on.. The only ladies toilet for the whole building has only two W.C (great!!) . I slowly pushed the door to check if its clean enough. Thankfully it is! I entre inside n push the door. Before I could do anything the door is locked. And there is no latch no handle nothing inside, for me to hold on to and pull open the door. Woo!! I try I try pushing it kicking it.. Nothing works apart from one thing that I realize.. “Darshana ! u r stuck in a public toilet in an BMC building!!” I laugh I go on laughing with that for next 2 min. then I look around to see some way out, the window. I can remove the lowers and go out.. hello hello!! Woman u are on 1st floor u can’t jump down. So what’s the next option?? Thankfully had my cell with me..I call up Brijesh. “hello Brijesh , I m stuck in the toilet..” Brijesh: “which toilet?” me: “what nonsense off course ladies” (wrong time wrong question) Brijesh: “what do I do now” .me : “ u mind coming and opening the door” ok ok..after 3 more min he came and opened the door..till then I m laughing .. and I laugh for some more time .. by the time I reached the table everyone on the floor seem to know I was stuck. I laugh I laugh some more.. I come back to my office. And told this to people and we all laughed.. and we discussed all possibilities of how it would have been if I didn’t have my cell.. or I was alone there..??..so whole lot of fun..

But learnt a lesson today..Always check the door of any public toilet.. especially when its an government building :P

Take care.

Comments

Unknown said…
i know it would've been kinda scary at a point.but seems hilarious, lol.

beautiful piece of work darshi..the design and color combination.. must say, architecture students' blogs are also impressive.
D@r$hi said…
thank u mithil..

Popular posts from this blog

Nostalgia:

nikhil

It’s just green